About Me, Michael K. Fretwell
I am an associate attorney at Laubscher, Spendlove & Laubscher. My practice covers a range of intellectual property (IP) fields, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights. I have worked with individuals and businesses of all sizes, and have handled a variety of matters, including IP procurement and protection, strategic counsel, contract/licensing review, and litigation. Though my interests involve many areas of IP, I am especially interested in branding, advertising, digital media, and tech. I also enjoy working with and assisting individual inventors and artists.
- Counsel to start-ups regarding branding, trademark procurement, and IP protection.
- Counsel to small and medium sized businesses regarding portfolio management and infringement issues.
- Assisting individuals with protecting their inventions, designs and creations.
- Research and opinions covering numerous IP issues, including trademark procurement, infringement, patentability, and freedom to operate.
- Patent and trademark litigation.
- Preparing a range of USPTO Office Action responses.
- Maryland Court of Appeals
- University of Baltimore School of Law
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude
- Loyola University of Maryland
Bachelor of Arts, Digital Media Communications
- International Trademark Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association